Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Glorify God in All Things


1 Corinthians 6:20 ...for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.

When we read this scripture immediately our minds go to the idea that we must watch what we eat. And while that is in part what this scripture is saying the other part that I think is sometimes missed is that we must glorify God in our body by caring for our spiritual man.  

Like anything else we must be continuously working to care for our physical man and our spiritual man. It is hard for unsaved people to look at the church and God's messengers and want to receive from them when they do not care for themselves physically or they present a spiritual body through their words that has been regurgitated for years without any concern to the person they are ministering to or the delivery of what they are saying.

I want to continue to care for my body that I am able to present a healthy vessel worthy of carrying the presence of God. Also, I want to continue to grow in my understanding of God and his purpose for my life. I want to be able to be all things to all people as Paul mentions later in 1 Corinthians that I can relate and and be around unbelievers and help them understand God on their level so that He can come in and do work in their lives.

Lord, help me to care for myself physically and spiritually first of all for your glory but also as a representative of yours. I want to be a Godly example for my family, friends and those that I minister to. Continue to convict me when there are places of my life that I have not fully surrendered to you.

So what is the Lord speaking to you today that you can do to better present yourself to Him and those around You?

No comments: