Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Do Something!


2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing(spiritually dying).

This scripture was Paul to the Corinthians to push them out of their boxes and reach out to those who were perishing (spiritually). He also says that God has shown mercy by allowing ministry to take place. He encourages the people to not deceive or distort God's word but to teach the truth.

I am convicted in reading this scripture. Too many times I encourage and teach the church body but lack in the area of encouraging and teaching those who are perishing. It is easy to sit back and expect or depend on others to share the gospel with their circle of influence but I must get outside of my circle to find those that are willing to listen and help them find the gospel for themselves.

Lord, help me to get outside of my comfort zone and my circle and help influence others who are perishing. I want to build Your Kingdom one life at a time and I pray that you will help me in doing so. Give me the words to speak Your life into people and open their hearts to receive your promises. Thank you for your mercy that allows me to do what I do even in my imperfections and help me that when I share the truth to not deceive or distort just as Paul spoke to the Corinthians.

No comments: